Friday, February 25, 2005

All is Well, All is Well!

And "We'll make the air with music ring, shout praises to our God and King" because of it.

I am only home for a few minutes so I haven't had time to check the Bloggernacle or even the comments here, but based on the number of comments here I can only assume my plea for prayers here made a difference. Here is the update: Our baby boy Quinn is well on his way to a full recovery.

Briefly: While my wife and I followed the helicopter to the hospital we prayed and began to feel the beginnings of faith that we could save the boy. When I gave what probably sounded like a brash blessing to my boy in the emergency room my faith grew. When I learned all of our family and ward were praying for a recovery I felt slightly better. When I followed my impression to ask for help here I felt a little more confidence. But it was only after my brother Russ told me that my plea at my blog was not ignored, but rather many righteous Boggernacle saints (who wouldn't know me from Adam) were praying for my Quinn... It was then when I finally knew... Sorry if it sounds dramatic but it was then that my tears of gratitude finally flowed. Quinn was going to be fine.

When my stake president later came to the hospital and prophesied that Quinn would fully recover most remaining fear and doubt disappeared. When the doctors told us there was no signs of neurological damage and our Q-dog (the nickname his missionary uncle gave him) would have a full recovery it was fitting, but not surprising.

Thank you for being among our saviors. Thank you for mourning with us as we mourned and comforting us as we stood in need of comfort.

Miracles happen. I’m glad I am a Mormon boy.

(More later when we bring our Q home some time this weekend)

18 Comments:

Excellent!

I was probably posting our prayers simultaneously with your update. Just talked to Russ. Rough day for all of us.

tcj 

Posted by T.C. Johnston / Beth McCrindle

2/25/2005 07:50:00 PM  

Very cool. My worst nightmare has now turned into your dream come true. 

Posted by Kim Siever

2/25/2005 08:50:00 PM  

great, great news. 

Posted by Steve Evans

2/25/2005 09:26:00 PM  

I am so relieved that Quinn is going to be ok. Amen Amen Amen. 

Posted by danithew

2/25/2005 09:51:00 PM  

Geoff,
I'm so glad to hear the good news. You and your family have been in my family's prayers thoughout the day. They'll all be happy to hear the news too. 

Posted by pat eyler

2/25/2005 10:02:00 PM  

Wonderful. We're very releived for you and grateful you asked us to pray. 

Posted by Rusty

2/25/2005 11:06:00 PM  

Thank you for letting us know. I have been praying for Quinn and all of you today. Wonderful news! 

Posted by Amira

2/25/2005 11:22:00 PM  

Great news Geoff! Thanks for telling us. I've been thinking about and praying for you and Quinn all day. 

Posted by Jonathan Max Wilson

2/26/2005 12:49:00 AM  

So glad to hear! Thanks for taking the time to let us know he is better; it is quite a relief. God is good.
Peggy 

Posted by Peggy Snow Cahill

2/26/2005 03:58:00 AM  

GEoff - I am more than happy, extatic, actually, to hear that the big Q-Dog is going to recover fully. Like Peggy, God is indeed good and great, and he listens to our prayers.
Now, get Q-Dog an alto and get him blowing some tunes!!!!! 

Posted by sid

2/26/2005 06:14:00 AM  

Geoff - I am more than happy, extatic, actually, to hear that the big Q-Dog is going to recover fully. Like Peggy, God is indeed good and great, and he listens to our prayers.
Now, get Q-Dog an alto and get him blowing some tunes!!!!! 

Posted by sid

2/26/2005 06:16:00 AM  

"...many righteous Boggernacle saints (who wouldn't know me from Adam) were praying for my Quinn..."

Geoff, we may not know what you look like, or even where you live, but we do know you, at least the part of you that you share with us online. It's because of that that we care so much about you and your family.

Thanks for sharing this good news with us. Thanks also for thinking to ask us to help. 

Posted by Bryce I

2/26/2005 06:31:00 AM  

Thank God. Thank God. 

Posted by annegb

2/26/2005 08:29:00 AM  

Geoff, thank you for your testimony. we truly can be saviors unto eac other. Miracles do happen. Thank you for extending your blessings to all of us. And like others, I'll say, God does hear and answer our prayers, He lives. 

Posted by cooper

2/26/2005 08:47:00 AM  

Glad to hear this Geoff. This would be my worst nightmare. 

Posted by Geoff Matthews

2/26/2005 11:18:00 PM  

YYYYYYYES!!!

Awesome news! 

Posted by Jack

2/26/2005 11:44:00 PM  

So glad all is well. I mentioned before our family lived through this with my younger brother Seth. He was blue when he came out of the pool, but is now doing his internship as a medical doctor. May Quinn's recovery be similarly complete, and his future similarly bright!
 

Posted by Christian Cardall

2/27/2005 03:05:00 PM  

Thank the Lord! I'm so happy to hear this good news.  

Posted by anon

2/28/2005 01:20:00 PM  

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home